Credits: Huffington Post
Posted by D. Mylan Roland
Credits: Huffington Post
Posted by D. Mylan Roland
Hear this one-on-one interview with HOT 97s own Angie Martinez
Many guys often celebrate the idea of being sought after by several ladies at a time. They shun love and dating in order to keep up with appearances and hold on to their distance from a good woman that’s staring them right in the face.
You gentleman may think that it’s great having more than one, but this is a clear sign of holding onto your youth. Do we want to dig further? Maybe on the next topic we will discuss why some men still act like boys and how it’s affecting our males, the fathers of our identity, our protectors, our leaders of the free world.
Okay, I digress…Now, where were we? Ah yes, here are ways that real men can consider whether or not she’s a keeper in the following:
1 – This is obvious, but it holds true that a good woman ♥ is EXCLUSIVE. She will rarely entertain outsiders if she is truly into you.
2 – Good women ♥ SHARE IN YOUR DREAMS. She’s a keeper when she invests time into your dreams all the while, continuing to build her own. Now, of course this doesn’t apply to bums with low ambition.
3 – Good women ♥ season with salt. ENCOURAGES AND EMPOWERS YOU. She always tells you the truth and won’t feed your ego, sometimes to a fault with more lies. It may not be something you want to hear but it may be something you need to hear. She’s trustworthy.
4 – Good women ♥ are INTO YOU AND NOT WHAT YOU HAVE OR CAN DO FOR THEM. She is vested in you for the long term in solidarity and truth; her affections are not based on wavering admiration that is here today and gone away tomorrow.
5 – Good women ♥ will take the time to LEARN YOU. Know what your likes and dislikes are. They are willing to please you. It is a sure thing that she’s a keeper when she reserves her body for you and nothing compares to sex combined with feelings and emotions with someone.
Seriously? Okay, what would’ve been great just now is if the dot on the “eye” (i) of the title-words “technically single” above us had a cute little heart over it. But, that’s just how differently the mind can work when it comes to details, besides the creative graphics would not allow such sophistication on such a basic header. So, we’re moving on…
Ultimately, talking about how one is technically single, simply implies that life doesn’t end after divorce…right? The technicality is this; once someone has been married and then divorced, they technically possess more experience than the average single female out here trying to entice a man with her womanly-wilds on “FLEEK”-mode. Nevermind, just forget it; it seems like instead of understanding, at the very best, you’re all just going to Laugh at My Pain (in my best Kevin Hart voice). Here’s the thing, looking this great and being at the 40 threshold is both a blessing and a curse. Granted, youthful by design; (Suddenly, you hear the voice of mother teasing in the background saying…”Yes, I know, you’re FOREVER 21”) companionship doesn’t get any easier to find the older you become and especially when you’ve given your heart away once before. Mother never was a liar!
Listen up! You’d have to admit, any woman having been a daughter, mother, wife, student, sister, best friend, girlfriend, an ex… has had a wealth of lessons, a lifetime of hurt and happiness that the ordinary “single woman” simply has not yet sampled. You may as well say it’s almost like being overqualified to be “single”. So, exactly what does happen when one is overqualified for the single life? Can you say, D-E-N-I-E-D? Try being approached by eligible singles looking for an overnight scenario, quick romp, or to possibly string you along and pose as a lifetime partner, when in actuality they are just not interested in the long haul commitment. Nor mature enough to be dedicated to the intricate process of truly getting to know someone. Oh please, surely the male readers are sitting back boasting about now. Can’t you just imagine the little giggles going on inside of their brains saying “Maybe, that’s because you’ve never dated ME” ?Newsflash, we’re especially referring to you!
Now, we’re not getting off on any rants or gender- bashing or anything. However, there is still firm belief there are some Great, GREAT men out there.
1. DRESS THE PART: More often than not, people love a good fashion statement. Fashion is all-telling to a person’s personality. A lively dressing sense is appreciated to see on a date. Show color and appeal.
2. HUMOR IS THE KEY TO THE HEART: Online dating should be fun-living and humorous. This is surely a great accessory that you can wear in order to impress your date.
3. STAY IN THE POSITIVE ZONE: Because you are uncertain of their energy and vibe, play things safe and stay in the light and optimistic tone. Adorn your date and you will have all their attention.
4. BE CONFIDENT: I can’t tell you enough how this is the sweet-spot. You will seal the deal but don’t overdo it
5. LEAVE THE MOOD SWINGS AT THE DOOR: If you’re really into this person that you’re going on a date with any bad moods or ill temperament can’t follow. One mood swing and they might never see you again. Real talk!
6. BE ADVENTUROUS: Adventure is something you shouldn’t miss tonight. When you start talking, talk about the things that you like to do in your down-time. For example, maybe you coach little league or travel to another country. Talk about these adventures. Stay away from the mention of past adventures with former dates. Immediate cause for turn-off.
7. KEEP IT SASSY: Limit the seduction. When sweet gets sweeter or temperatures get heated just make sure that you don’t overdo it. Too much too fast doesn’t yield plentiful and lasting results. Now on the other hand, Oh never mind… Just keep it Sassy!
8. DON’T BE DIPLOMATIC: The straight forward approach is ALWAYS ALWAYS the best when online dating. Don’t keep things twisted.
9. EYE-CONTACT: This goes hand and hand with being confident. Don’t lose the gaze in their eyes.
10. BE YOURSELF: Honesty is the best policy. It is the Universal Code for Authentic Online Dating. Don’t show up with a representative of you.